Graded Outstanding by Ofsted
After delivering the Teaching and Learning History into Writing course on an INSET day at Grange Primary School in Ealing in January 2014, they completely changed and adopted the new style of delivering History. The new plans were done the very next day with my support and advice. It was from these very plans that the Year 4 teacher was graded Outstanding for a World War 2 lesson only one month later.'Our History lessons were graded Outstanding – so thanks to you!' - Graham Beeden Headteacher
Teaching and Learning
This course includes:
1. Exploring and identifying essential teaching and learning elements such as challenging children, pace, structure of the lesson etc
3. Questioning skills – moving from closed to open and looking at different types of questions.
4. How graphic organisers can organise and deepen children’s conceptual understanding
5. Dealing with children’s limiting beliefs
6. Moving from lower order thinking skills to higher order thinking skills
7. Through different activities, teachers reflect and evaluate their teaching practices
8. What would an outstanding lesson look like?
9. When and how to apply Assessment for Learning.
10. How to plan progression.
11. Using the skills taught the teachers will have a chance to devise a short lesson and present it to the group.
12. Teaching and Learning ideas using History.
Prices include: lunch, tea and coffee, home-made biscuits, pen and paper, mineral water and free wi-fi.
'Leysa delivered a History INSET across KS1 and 2. It was very well prepared and the teachers had a great day. Leysa’s enthusiasm for the subject shone through and her key messages of enjoyment and rigour will make a massive difference to our teaching and learning in History and other subjects.‘ Graham Beeden (Headteacher of Grange Primary School - South Ealing)
How to book
Please complete the Booking Form and return to email@example.com
An invoice will be emailed to you and payment needs paying prior to the course.
One person: £150 + VAT
Two people: £275 + VAT
Reading, West Berkshire
Then venue is 10 minutes from Junction 11 of the M4.